If you repeatedly preserve getting a warning alert in Virus & menace safety in Windows Security heart stating the next – Set up OneDrive for file restoration choices in case of a ransomware assault, then this put up is meant that will help you. In this put up, we’ll present appropriate remediation to this message in Windows 10.
Set up OneDrive for file restoration choices
If OneDrive is already arrange accurately and dealing wonderful, then the yellow exclamation warning might be safely ignored. However, if you wish to cease the pesky false alert, you may attempt the strategies outlined under in no specific order to remediate the problem.
- Run a Windows Defender scan
- Enable Windows Defender’s Periodic Scanning function
- Unlink & Relink OneDrive
- Dismiss Set up Onedrive warning from Ransomware safety settings web page.
Let’s check out the outline of the steps in relation to every of the strategies.
1] Run a Windows Defender scan
Do the next:
- Click Set Up OneDrive.
- Enter your e-mail handle, and click on Ok.
- The File Explorer will seem.
- Right-click the OneDrive folder, and choose Scan with Windows Defender.
- After the scanning course of is accomplished, the inexperienced checkmark ought to be current.
If you would like, you may additionally scan your PC with a free standalone second-opinion scanner.
2] Enable Windows Defender’s Periodic Scanning function
If you’re utilizing a third get together anti-virus product, then see if enabling Windows Defender’s Limited Periodic Scanning function helps take away the yellow exclamation mark within the Windows Defender notification icon.
If the problem persists, attempt the subsequent suggestion.
3] Unlink & Relink OneDrive
If the Set up OneDrive for file restoration warning continues to seem though OneDrive is already linked/configured to your person account, then unlink and relink OneDrive.
Do the next:
- Right-click on the OneDrive icon within the Notification space/system tray on the far proper of the Taskbar.
- Click Settings.
- Select the Account tab.
- Click Unlink this PC.
- Click Unlink account.
- Exit OneDrive by right-clicking on the Notification icon and select Quit OneDrive.
- Now, open Windows Defender Security Center
- Click Set up OneDrive button beneath the Virus and menace safety icon.
- In the OneDrive setup dialog field that seems, enter your Microsoft account e-mail handle (which you had been beforehand utilizing for OneDrive).
- Click Sign in.
- Complete OneDrive two-factor authentication and sign-in course of.
4] Dismiss Set up Onedrive warning from Ransomware safety settings web page
Do the next:
- Open Windows Defender Security Center > Virus & menace safety.
- Scroll right down to Ransomware Protection and click on it.
- Under the Ransomware Data Recovery part, it suggests you to arrange OneDrive.
- Click on the Dismiss hyperlink if you happen to don’t plan to make use of OneDrive.
Once you full the method, the Set up OneDrive for file restoration subject ought to be resolved.
Hope this helps!